As a follow up to our recent analysis of several vitamin K2 supplements on the market, today let’s explore the critical importance that vitamin K2 plays in not only our oral health, but so many systems throughout the body.
In this interview with Kiran Krishnan, a researcher and product developer who, for the past 15 years, has helped increase the global knowledge base on vitamin K2, we take a close look at the studies that suggest that vitamin K2 helps:
- increase bone density helping us stop tooth decay
- keep calcium out of soft tissues like our arteries
- restore mitrochondrial function and literally reverse symptoms in Parkinson’s disease and other neurological issues
- improve cardiac output which directly supports heart health and increases athletic performance
Warning: Poor video quality 🙁
Unfortunately, the day we recorded this expert interview, we had poor internet connectivity. Unfortunately, this resulted in a less-than-ideal video and audio quality at times.
So, here’s a PDF transcript that you can download to help clarify some of what’s being said.
- 2:51 Why supplementing vitamin K2 is critically important, particularly for those of us consuming a Western diet
- 5:21 How statin drugs interfere with vitamin K2 recycling in arteries
- 7:00 Actual mechanism how K2 helps build bone
- 11:38 The role of K2 specifically in creating greater oral health
- 14:10 How K2 plays a significant role in stopping gum disease (not just tooth decay)
- 15:00 How if you have leaky gut, you may be compromising your ability to absorb K2 (and other fat soluble vitamins)
- 19:30 Incidence of subclinical K2 deficiency (greater than 90%)
- 31:30 What the research says regarding how much K2 is best?
- 32:50 What other minerals and vitamins help support K2 in doing its jobs
- 39:52 Who should be careful supplementing K2
- 43:30 How to test for K2 levels in your body (LabCorp tests for this!)
- 47:20 How often Kiran goes to the dentist ?
- 48:50 Why K2 is an anti-aging vitamin
- 49:30 The importance of K2 for heart health
- 54:40 Whether to take K2 with or without a meal
If you’d like us to look into carrying the K2 supplement Kiran has created, please let us know in the comments below and we can see if we can get you a good price on Megaquinone.
Want to really take your ability to stop and reverse tooth decay to a new level? Here’s your chance. Just download our FREE eBook, How to Stop Tooth Decay and Remineralize Your Teeth.
Helpful, Related Resources:
How to Stop Tooth Decay and Remineralize Your Teeth [FREE eBook]
What’s the best K2 supplement on the market and why? [article]
Is this the missing nutrient keeping you from living a cavity-free life? [interview]
An easy step toward a cavity-free life [article]
Leave a Reply