What’s pale blue, inexpensive & easy to make, has no chemical side effects, and helps activate your body’s natural healing processes?
For most of us, when we hear the word “ozone”, we think of the layer of Earth’s atmosphere that protects us from the sun’s radiation. However, some dentists are actually creating their own ozone to more effectively treat their patients.
In this interview, OraWellness speaks with ozone expert (and dentist) Dr. Phil Mollica. Dr. Mollica is the trailblazer who created the standardized protocols for using ozone in dentistry. In addition to using it in his own practice, he also teaches other dentists how to produce it and effectively use it in their practices.
Today, Dr. Mollica covers a variety of ozone-related topics, including its history, its awesome properties for supporting the body, and why it’s so beneficial in dentistry. He also shares an anecdote about how he used ozone to help a patient with a serious jaw issue.
Let’s dive in and learn from this amazing expert!
- 2:36 – Intro to ozone
- 8:01 – What is ozone?
- 10:31 – The history of ozone use in dentistry (and Dr. Mollica’s history with ozone)
- 14:10 – The procedures that dentists can use ozone for (and why it’s a superior option)
- 28:55 – Ozone gas vs. ozonated water for different dental procedures
- 31:39 – Ozone concentrations for dentistry
- 33:14 – How stable is ozonated water?
- 37:44 – What does “wetter water” mean?
- 42:17 – Greenwashing in dentistry
- 48:49 – The problem with compartmentalizing the body
- 53:08 – What’s the future of dentistry?
- 59:20 – Are there any downsides of using ozone in dentistry?
- 1:02:23 – Ozone success stories (and a limitation of using it in dentistry)
- 1:08:16 – Ozone training for dental practitioners
- 1:11:52 – Is it expensive for dentists to get set up for using ozone in their office?
- 1:13:15 – Closing thoughts & where to learn more about Dr. Mollica’s educational resources
More Info About Dr. Mollica’s Work:
If you’d like to learn more about Dr. Mollica’s work, take a look at the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry (ACIMD), the American Academy of Ozonetherapy, or OzoneCourse.com. Feel free to encourage your dental team to check out these resources, too.
We hope that, like us, you learned some helpful and interesting informational nuggets from our chat with Dr. Mollica.
What about you—were you already familiar with the concept of using ozone in dentistry? Have you ever worked with a dentist who used it for their procedures? If so, what was your experience like? If not, do you think that you might like to work with a dentist who offers it? Please comment below to share your thoughts and experiences so we can all learn from each other.
If you’d like to know how to find a dentist who uses ozone, check out our article, “3 reasons why you want your dentist to use ozone in their practice“.
As always, if you know anyone who could benefit from the information in this video, please share our work with them.
Helpful, Related Resources:
- 3 reasons why you want your dentist to use ozone in their practice [article]
- Helpful resources to find a qualified dentist to assist you [article]
- What’s the difference between biological, functional and holistic dentistry? [article]
- So what exactly is ‘holistic oral health’ anyway? [article]
- Guide to Safe Dentistry [FREE eBook]
- 7 Key Components of a ‘Dream Dentist’ [article]
- Homeopathy Solutions for Dental Pain, Dental Anxiety, Canker Sores, Tonsil Stones, and More [[expert interview video]]